Find Out More
Fast Track Sites
Fast Track Help Desk & PPM Development
This detail is located inside the software -
Main Menu > Help > Development History
Version 3.10: Customer Document Management Enhancements
* The following searchable columns have been added to the Customer Document
Management view: Job Code, Asset
Code, PPM Process, Requested By, User Name, Project Code, Employee Code, Account
* Documents for the current job can be shown with one click from the Call
Logging view (from the right-click menu).
Versions 2.90 and 3.10
* PPM Weekly Chart shows incidence of PPM Task Dates by Week Number. Located at
Main Menu > Tasks > PPM >
PPM Weekly Chart. The 'Reduce Col. Width' button allows fine-tuning for
* Helpdesk Type (REACTIVE/FIXEDPRICE) and Project Code now appear in Call
Logging and Work Monitor views.
* Proposal (and quotation) documents are recorded in the documents table when
created for a job in Call Logging.
* Linked jobs, created by the follow-on job process, can be filtered in the Call
Logging Additional Filters popup.
* PPM Document Association: a document such as a task spreadsheet can be
associated with a PPM Task by logging
the document in the documents table and assigning the task's asset and PPM
process. The document can be reviewed
from the detail popup in the PPM Graphic Dates view.
Versions 2.78 and 3.06 have more sophisticated SMTP error catching and an SMTP
Version 3.05 has a switch for Labour Control proximity, to enable method to show
how close labour resources are to jobs .
Versions 2.77 and 3.05 have new SMTP control method (EXE is default; COM is new
to provide for enhanced synchronous, rather than asynchronous SMTP email
Version 3.042 has filter, print, sort, export buttons on popup appearing after
Versions 2.762 and 3.041 versions have enhanced PPM Data Audit Tools and
Incomplete PPM Task Dates chart.
* PPM Data Audit Tools provide a check for incomplete PPM jobs in the past, task
dates with no jobs in the past, etc.
located at Main Menu > Actions > Under the Hood > PPM Data Audit Tools.
* Incomplete PPM Task Dates chart shows at a glance the PPM Task count for any
future date range.
located at Main Menu > Tasks > PPM > Incomplete PPM Task Date Daily Counts.
Versions 2.76 and 3.04 are versions with 'Provide On Hold SLA Hours' and Asset
* When an 'On Hold' updated is selected in the Work Monitor, an additional
dialog appears to allow the user to change the
SLA (for any phase not yet reached) to a pre-determined or specifiable number of
hours. Controlled by application objects:
- on_hold_changes_sla (DISALLOW (default) or ALLOW).
- on_hold_hours (long integer, like 288 or 9999; a year is 8760).
Other processes remain unchanged, meaning if admins 'bring them back from on
hold', they'll have to decide how to set up
SLA, as the job may have failed the original SLA long ago.
* Asset Explorer enhancements:
- Building Name appears beneath building code.
- Manufacturer appears.
- Notes field appears.
* Building Finder for filter fields in Call Logging and Work Monitor -
right-click on building field, find building and double-click to fill in filter
* v3.04 introduces the Office Automation mechanisms, inc. Customer Document
Management and Job Task management.
Version 3 (v3.02): PPM Modelling Mechanisms
* All task dates for a PPM Task can now be moved forward or backwards with a few
* All task dates for a PPM Process can now be moved forward or backwards with a
* All PPM task dates for an Asset can now be moved forward or backwards with a
Version 3 (v3.01): Customer Document Management
* The Documents area for tracking documents which are associate with buildings,
customer, assets, jobs, etc., has been extended to include extensive
search capabilities, and a wizard to quickly add data from specified folders.
Even if your document data is stored in hundreds of different folders, it can
now be analysed as a single resource. Any document can be viewed and/or emailed
with a few clicks.
Version 3 (v3.00): PPM Expert Mechanisms (for PPM Plan Development)
* Provides mechanisms to apply a maintenance plan to a group of assets, in one
operation. Assets are filtered by a combination of building, floor,
room and asset type, and the specified process and cycle can be generated for
all matching assets. As a simple example, to apply a 28-day
inspection to 4 x Calorifiers and 12 Low-temp hot-water pumps in the same
building, users perform 2 grouped set-up operations, instead
of 16 separate operations.
Version 3 (v3.00): Hazard Management
* Hazard information can now be tracked inside the system. The Hazard Types
table ensures consistency of hazards tracked; types can be defined
by admins, and certain standard types such as ASBESTOS, CHEMICAL, WEATHER, etc.,
are automatically created. Each Hazard is registered to a building.
* Hazards are analysed each time a building is chosen, or a caller or an asset
is chosen, which in turn chooses a building. If hazards are present for a
chosen building, the operator is warned, a comms log is created (to note that
the operator has been warned), and a brief statement on the building's
hazards is included in any job emails sent.
Version 3 (v3.00): Engineer Emails
* Job emails can automatically be sent to engineers and other labour resources.
The whole mechanism has an on/off switch, and each engineer can be
set to receive standard emails, SMS Text emails (to their mobile phones), or
Version 3 (v3.00): Labour Control by Time
* An additional, completely new implementation of Labour Control has been
provided, whereby jobs can be assigned to contractors and engineers
by time of day. This mechanism is separate from the standard AM/PM timer period
Labour Control, and admins can choose between methods.
Version 3 (v3.00): Building Code/Name for email subject suffix
* If it is useful to notify recipients of a job location in the email subject
line, the building name and/or code can be included, as well as any text which
make these values clearer. An example of such a subject line might be 'Job:
12302 Cardiff HQ (Building Code: CARDIFF)'.
Version 3 (v3.00): Licence Control Session Auto-Delete
* If a user's session information is out-of-date, such as if they've forgotten
to log out, or gone out of WiFi range, their session record is deleted,
making their licence slot available for other users.
Version 3 (v3.00): SMS-Text email, Standard Email or Both
* At any of the email trigger points, emails can be sent to recipients by the
longstanding standard method, to a separate SMS-Text email, or both.
The type of email and SMS-Text email address can be provided for caller, call
logger, contractor and contact manager.
Version 3 (v3.00): Interactive Work Management Dashboard
* The Interactive Work Management Dashboard shows crucial information as a
summary, and also indicates changing data. Users can drill down to the job data
by clicking on the coloured bars of the bar charts (ultimately loading the full
job into the Call Logging and/or Work Monitor views).
* The Interactive Work Management Dashboard can be used by management staff
without using the main software.
Version 3 (v3.00): View Filters = Instant Report Variation
* Each Background Data and Report view now has the View Filters mechanism,
whereby few or many filters can devised, and then applied with a single click.
Examples of instant filters might be: 'Buildings in London', 'Buildings in the
EC postcode', 'Buildings not in London', for instance.
Version 3 (v3.00): Additional Email Trigger Points
* Email trigger points are available for Responded To, Contained and Closed (to
complement existing Issued/Updated and Completed).
Each of the new email trigger points can be enabled or disabled globally.
Version 3 (v3.00): Job Ref 1 and 2 added to MAPI emails
* The values which are recorded against Job Ref 1 and Job Ref 2 in the Call
Logging form, are now added to the email information if MAPI (not SMTP).
is used. Many users rename the Job Ref 1 and Job Ref 2 labels to more meaningful
values such as 'Customer Ref' and 'Internal Ref'
2009 December (v2.752): PPM Job Ticket 2-part Cover page and List
* A second Job Ticket file can be specified to allow a cover page with job
details and space for engineers to record in-the-field details, followed by a
of PPM Process Stages (instructions), which may roll over onto several pages.
2009 November (v2.751): Call Logging Print Checkbox Default
* Call Logging Print checkbox can be configured to default ON, default OFF or
REMEMBER (stays on if checked, off in unchecked).
2009 October (v2.75): Instant Document Email
* Users can select documents from any of the document views, and include them in
an email with one click. Using the Documents data and report views,
users can search for, view and email documents in seconds.
2009 September: SLA Manual Override at any Status
* If given the appropriate permission, users can elect to invoke the SLA Manual
Override at any status, not just Requested. This means that if a job has to put
on hold, its allowable completion time can be extended, after the applicable
responsible party is asked (intentional simplification) 'if you cannot do the
when will you be able to do it?'
2009 August (v2.71): Chart Dashboards
* A number of Dashboard Charts are now available to quickly show trends and
critical data. The four-per-page view can be adjusted by clicking a size
button for each chart, and expanding it to the full chart area.
Please note: the Chart Dashboards described here are not equivalent to the
Dashboard discussed for v3: the v3 Dashboard is interactive.
2009 June: High Priority email flag auto-set when using SMTP emails
* An application object flag can be set so that SMTP job emails go out with the
high priority flag set (the red ! appears in email programs).
2009 May: (v2.7) Upgrade with enhancements and address of issue
* The details of various changes which have been made to the solution can be
seen at: http://www.iiscustomers.com/Upgrade_FTHDv27.asp
2009 April: Exclude Completed Jobs from Pocket PC Push
* The standard filter for pushing jobs to the Pocket PC has been 'all jobs
except Closed jobs'. A new application object allows for the filter to be
Closed jobs or Completed-and-Closed jobs (the latter meaning no Completed or
Closed jobs are pushed onto the Pocket PC).
2009 March: Customer determines Building List
* The long-standing method for selecting a building, is that the user sets the
customer and then picks a caller, which auto-fills the building.
For situations when not all callers are likely to be known, the software can be
configured to link buildings directly to customers (as opposed
to via caller).
2009 February: Job Ref Listboxes
* The long-standing Job Ref 1 and Job Ref 2 fields in the Call Logging view can
now be configured as listboxes, allowing admins to
determine the actual drop-down values, which can essentially be anything.
2008 August (v2.52): Database Backup for SQL Server
* A straightforward database backup mechanism introduced for SQL Server, whereby
a date and time stamped BAK file is created using the
database catalog name. The backup file is stored in the startup folder (location
2008 July (v2.51): Expanded Filters for PPM Graphic Dates
* Additional filter fields have been added to help manage large PPM asset
portfolios. Customer, Region, Sub-Region and Site filters have been
added. Use of this mechanism may require additional background data - please
consult with iiS or your official iiS agent to determine if you are
able to use the mechanism.
2008 May: Monthly Jobs by Contractor Analysis/Report
* A job detail report with typical Job Ticket information. Designed primarily
for service providers who require a summary of monthly jobs, or
who need a list rather than a job ticket for each job.
* The report has a filter field for Contractor, and checkboxes to choose PPM,
Helpdesk or ALL. It has date range (start and end dates) fields,
and month jump buttons to quickly move the month being analysed.
2008 April: Labour Time Tracking Analysis/Report
* A detailed report designed to provide a time sheet and cost analysis. Arranged
by Work Date and Contractor, shows for each labour code,
a series of entries for job code, building, total hours and total cost; also an
overall total for hours and costs.
* The report has filter fields for Contractor and Labour Resource, date range
(start and end dates) fields, and month jump buttons to quickly
move the month being analysed.
2008 March (v2.40): Follow-On Jobs and Job Code Look Up
* A mechanism has been added to the right-click Call Logging floating menu, so
that jobs can be looked up by typing a job number.
This mechanism augments the existing filters, and provides for occasions when
the filter value is not known, but the job code is.
* Any job/call can be used to create associated Follow-On Jobs, such as when the
processing of one job leads to a requirement
that another job/call is logged. Also QUOTE jobs can be used to create
FIXEDPRICE follow-on jobs.
2008 February (v2.32): Show Asset Document
* Asset documents can be called up from Call Logging, Work Monitor, Background
Data and Report views. The document that appears must be recorded
as a row in the documents table, with the applicable asset recorded in the asset
code column. Can be used to open images, spreadsheets, movies,
word processing documents, etc.
2007 October (v2.24): SLA/KPI Analysis
* Various reports and charts show Completion SLA Pass/Fail analysis in summary
and detail. Reports can be filtered by combinations of
Building, Contractor and Work Type as is applicable.
2007 October (v2.24): PO Numbers for Miscellaneous Items can be auto-generated
* When recording a PO number for a miscellaneous item, the user can type in an
Order number (such as if the order number came from a)
different system), or get the next number from within Fast Track Help Desk &
2007 August (v2.19): Customer Satisfaction
* Up to six questions with Yes/No answers can be logged for each job. The
question text can be adjusted, as well as the number of questions.
2007 July (v2.16): Asset Mechanisms
* Asset Loan work type (ASSET_LOAN) jobs can optionally cause the Assets table
to be updated - the requestor of the job is updated
to the Asset table's employee code column for the chosen asset.
2007 June (v2.15): Asset Mechanisms
* Management of Asset Requisitions generated from Call Logging, and new Asset
* Asset Users - a data structure for asset sharing (assigning many people to an
* Software Assets - tracking of assets as software products and/or licences.
* IP Addresses - new IP address finder available in Call Logging, with data
structures to manage IP addresses by location and user.
2007 April (v2.13): Labour Code Change to Comms Logs
* If a different labour resource is chosen for a job, a Comms Log is written as
part of the job record.
2007 March (v2.11): Various Enhancements
* Asset Finder added to PPM Task Wizard to facilitate better asset
* Chargeable Items Required - A flag can be set in the Call Logging view, which
means that jobs cannot be closed if they have no chargeable Misc Items.
2007 March (v2.09): Alternative Building Name
* An additional or alternative name for the building for which the job is logged
can be stored in the option_text1 column
of the buildings table; if the alternative name is provided, it will appear in
emails; a new language component for the label is also provided.
* A new application object contractor_email_visibility allows the contractor
value to be suppressed from the requestor email.
2007 February (v2.08): Site Filter by User
* A site can be recorded for each user in User Settings; in the Call Logging and
Work Monitor views, the user will
only see calls for buildings on the named site.
2006 November (v2.02): Launch IP Viewer with Asset
* An IP address recorded against an asset can be used to launch a remote viewer
(such as VNC) with a couple of mouse clicks.
Viewer can be specified as application object.
* 'Caller Finder / New Caller' provides a method of adding the details of a new
caller during a call. New callers can
come from existing customers and new customers can be added at the same time as
* 'New Building' mechanism added to Building Finder, facilitating the addition
of new buildings (and their address details) during a call.
2006 October (v2.01): Call Logging Closed Jobs Toggle
* Call Logging view now has checkbox toggle to include or exclude closed jobs.
* Additional columns made available in Call Logging review grid.
2006 September (v2.01): SLA Manual Override
* New application object sla_manual_override has a default of 'DISALLOW' (can
also be set per user). Change to 'ALLOW' for right
click menu to enable menu item for pop-up. Allows manual settings for SLA
response phase allowable hours.
2006 June (v1.2): Asset location determines call location
* New application object asset_determines_location has a default of 'DISALLOW'.
Change to 'ALLOW' for call
location to be filled in with asset location (site, building, floor and room).
* Contractor Finder mechanism and table allows filtering on secondary
contractors, when those chosen
by the automated methods are not the most applicable.
2006 May (v1.2): iiS Fast Track Mobile integration
* Functionality to support import/export of job data to/from engineer Pocket
* Log records created for status updates, job comments and transfer events.
* User-named backups created of all incoming job data, updates and job comments.
2006 April (v1.162): Contractor and Labour Resource Certification with Review
* Certification descriptions and review dates can be recorded at contractor
and/or labour resource level.
* When contractors and/or labour resources are chosen, the certification review
dates are checked, and the user is warned if they are within a user-specified
lead time (such as 30 days).
2006 February (v1.16): Import Report/Data View Definitions and Help Items
* Text files with new definitions can be processed directly from the menu.
* New report definitions can be provided by iiS or other consultants, and easily
2006 February (v1.16): Customer Support Transactions
* Track available support services balances by customer. Popup appears during
call logging. Adjust balance on the fly, and track transactions.
* Current balance and detailed transaction history for each customer available
2006 January (v1.15): Call Logging Options
* Caller list can be filtered by Building (select the building; caller list is
callers in that building).
* Job Category List can be determined by administrators. Job Category starting
with 'V' is red-bold, such as 'VERY IMPT' or 'VERY HIGH'.
2005 December (v1.14): User-Level Application Object Control Enhancements
* Opt-in and opt-out global settings for application control and other data
Individual user settings can circumvent global settings.
2005 November (v1.13): Background Data Integrity Error Reporting
* Exception conditions reported by the database are presented in ordinary as
well as database language.
Users can email complex database error information directly to iiS support.
2005 November: Building Contact Manager Email
* A new table for building Contact Managers has been created. For some users,
these are Area or Regional Managers. If there is a contact manager for a
building, and he/she has an email (Send Email must be send to YES), a job email
will be send to this person.
Create Contact Manager data in the Background Data > People section; assign
contact managers to buildings in the buildings view.
2005 October: View Closed Job Details
* A checkbox at the right of the ReQuery section of the Work Monitor allows
Closed jobs to be included. When a user clicks the checkbox, a ReQuery is
executed and closed jobs are visible.
2005 October: Miscellaneous Enhancements
* The Completion Date column is now visible in the Call Logging review grid.
* Full Building postal address can be used in emails. The Application Object is
'use_fullpostaladdress' for which the default is 'YES'. The minimum data for the
address is Address1, Town and Postcode; Address2, Address3 and County are
* Work Invoicing invoice form has optional logo at top right - size is 180 x 120
pixels and is called logo.jpg. Logo.jpg must be in the same folder as
iisfasttrackwin.exe (default location is C:\Program Files\iiSFastTrack).
* Help > Support shows application settings which can be emailed to iiS Support.
2005 September: Asset Explorer View
* A new view provides for a drill-down to asset data through customers and
buildings. When an asset is selected, its job history can be reviewed, filtered
by job type (ALL, PPM, HELPDESK), and its data can be updated.
2005 September: Development History View
* The history of development is now displayed, so users can determine whether
updates are applicable to them.
2005 August: Asset Job History Printing
* The popup box to show an Asset's Job History can now be printed. Print button
and report header added.
2005 August: MSSQL Create User Names
* New users can now be created from the menu in Actions > Under the Hood >
Create New User Name. This mechanism creates a login, user name and password,
all with the same specified name.
2005 July: PPM TASK DATE Colour-Coding
* Provides for various methods of colour-coding in the PPM Graphic Dates view.
Users can choose their own contractor colours.
Requires table rgb_colours and columns contractors.colour_name varchar(50),
ppm_task_dates.text_colour_number integer and ppm_task_dates.back_colour_number.
2005 July: PPM TASK Out-of-Hours flag
* Provides for flagging out-of-hours tasks, which in turn can be highlighted
with the colour-coding mechanism.
Requires column ppm_tasks.out_of_hours varchar(8)
2005 July: Personal Assets Popup
* When a caller's name is chosen (or typed), a popup appears if the caller has
assets registered to him or her. The user can double-click an asset to select it
for the call (the asset code is put in the applicable field).
2005 June: Communications Logs (Comms Logs)
* Comms Logs provide for collaboration between users. Any number of Logs can be
added, providing a structured location for an indefinite length conversation.
Required the table communications_log.